Overview: When processing orders (closed deals) in Xactly it is important to understand the principles of how and why orders go from uploaded data to incentive results. Below is a high level illustration which summarizes order processing in Xactly:
- Prior to calculating any commissions, reps are working tirelessly on closing deals. Once a deal is closed (won), it is ready to be imported into Xactly to generate and display commission results.
- All closed deals, and details of the deal, need to import into Xactly to become what is referred to throughout the system as “orders” which is just another term for closed deals. Generally there is either a DELTA process already in place which picks up orders directly from your CRM and/or a file with a list of orders is placed onto a secure FTP site. If there is no DELTA process in place, you would need to gather a list of your closed transactions and upload them into Xactly manually through an upload template
- Whether through a manual upload template or through DELTA processing, once an order is uploaded it is stored in Staging section (Orders -> Orders -> Staging). Staging is simply a holding place in the application which stores any order(s) uploaded but does not do anything with them yet. You can continue to upload thousands and thousands orders into Staging without generating a single credit/commission result.
- Once the calculation process is initiated orders are moved into Processed section (Orders -> Orders -> Processed), and Credit/Commission results are generated for those directly and indirectly involved in the deal. All orders in Processed Orders should have generated credit/commission results (unless did not trigger credit/commission rules). Unlike Orders in Order Staging, once Orders are in Processed Orders they cannot be modified and are final unless first deleted from Processed Orders
Since all orders are processed in batches, below are some tips to keep in mind while creating and uploading batches:
- Multiple batches can be created and uploaded within a single upload template as long as all batches are to be uploaded into the same period
- All orders within a single upload batch must belong to the same Period. For example, you can have an order with 9/15/15 Incentive date and another order with 9/22/15 Incentive date within the same template but cannot have an order with 9/15/15 Incentive date and 7/2/15 Incentive date since latter two are in different periods
- It is crucial to enter a batch name as orders can be uploaded without being assigned to a specific batch. In this case the system will create a “Default” batch for each order, and you can end up with thousands of batches, 1 batch per order
- Multiple reps can be added to the same order by copying Employee ID and Split % column headers to the right of original headers. You can add as many additional headers as needed to eliminate the need for duplicating orders
- Each order in a batch must have a unique order code/item code combination. For example order code 1, item code 1 is unique unless there is already an order code 1, item code 1 order already existing in any period. To make the latter order unique change the item code to 2, to have order code 1, item code 2. This combination is now unique, unless of course there is already such combination